CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

137/365


Today I am so incredibly thankful for it being the 6 month mark of Annie being a part of our family. November 17, 2008 was our Giving and Receiving Ceremony in Vietnam. I can't imagine a single day without this child. I felt like my life was so full of love and happiness before she joined our family, and it truly was. But it is even so much more full now that she is a part of all of our lives forever. I never have words to adequately explain what a gift she has been. She is inspiring. She is beautiful. She is the happiest person I have ever been around in my entire life. She is joyful. She wants nothing more than to make everyone that she encounters smile, and she is almost always successful. She genuinely has one of the most incredible spirits that anyone could ever have. The changes in Annie over the past 6 months are miraculous. You have all seen what she has accomplished and how she has changed. She still has a long way to go, but the progress she has made floors me almost everyday when I think back to our first weeks together. I have said it before, but because our time in Vietnam was so difficult, we were all a little freaked out about what life might be like for quite some time as she worked through some pretty heavy stuff. But with constant love and encouragement, she has blossomed into the most special little angel and our lives are forever changed for the better because of her being here. We love both of girls so much. God has been so good to us. Thank you for our girls. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have some bad news. We are going to be at the beach the next few days and there is no internet where we are staying. So Monday and Tuesday there will be no posts, but I think I will be able to get at least one up Wednesday night. Don't you worry, when I am back to having internet, I PROMISE that there will be plenty of pictures to make up for lost time!!! I still stand by my theory of not failing at my 365 project because it is out of my control when I don't have internet and I will go back and post my pictures and posts for those days.

We are at Nana and Grandy's with Cayce, Adam, Austen, and Jaksen. We are going to have quite a big time at the beach and I just can't wait to get there. I really, really can't wait. Talk to you all in a few days. Try not to miss us too much!

5-17-09-6900

How precious is this?? Jaksen LOVES the hammock. So do the girls and me!
5-17-09-6907

5-17-09-6911

5-17-09-6914

This is not good.

The swing puts everyone to sleep.


5-17-09-6954

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you, have a wonderful time!

Oh, and I cannot BELIEVE it has been 6 months already. Amazing.

Kelli said...

Happy 6 months as a family of 4! Have fun at the beach- sounds heavenly to me!

HAPTeach said...

Enjoy yourselves and relax :)

Emily said...

happy 6 months! that little one really is the happiest being ever!
hey, so are yall at pawleys?? we just came back from there today. just curious b/c i saw the pawleys island hammocks.
have fun!
xo

cydnee said...

6 months! Wow! The first picture of Annie is an all time favorite of mine..how cute is that! I am so glad you are going to the beach! The beach is so good for the soul..Have a great time!!

Jena said...

love love love that first pic of Annie!
Have so much fun, I am super jealous of your beach-ness!
also love your Austin City Limits tee...have you guys been?

Sharon said...

Such precious pictures this post! I love them! Have fun at the beach.

Anonymous said...

Happy 6 months, Kelly! Love that first picture of Annie. Her progress has been miraculous...what a great family!

Cinnamon said...

Happy 6 months. It is soooo wondeful to see Annie pulling herself up. Go Annie go!

Nicki said...

Happy six months! That first picture makes me smile and will probably keep me happy all day long! I loooove it!!!

have a great time at the beach! It'll be a nice break, for sure!

Shawna said...

Love, love, love these pics today Kel!!! Have fun in the sun!

Shawna said...

Kel, can we get some video of the girls at the beach...I need to see those dumplings in action!

MKH said...

have a great time! I can't wait to see all the great pics you take! Love those hammock pics-well, they are all great! Hope you win the I heart faces-that pic is amazing! happy 6 mo's home with Annie!

Mom said...

I'm with Shawna--V I D E O! Jaksen is a doll baby! I bet all those grand babies will have a ball together! Lucky Nana and Grandy! The pics are great. I'm catching up because I'm trying to get someone who nags a lot off my back!! I love the ocean, so watch some waves for me. Love to all, Lee Lee



These 6 months have FLOWN!