CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

133/365




Today I am thankful for what I found when I went to check on Annie when she was not napping when she was supposed to be. She was standing in her crib!! I have mentioned a few times that Annie has randomly pulled up on her own a couple of times recently. The times when she did it 100% on her own have been few and far between. She tries a lot, but just couldn't get one of her feet under most of the time. But for some reason, after her morning nap today it was like it all clicked. I bet I have watched her pull up about 25 times today. And not just pull up, but after getting up, squatting and going back up again multiple times in a row. And also being in control and not panicked while on her feet. She even cruised just a bit on the bench in Lucy's room, which is something she has never done before. You should see her when she does it. She is SO pleased with herself and her accomplishment. I try really hard to not focus on what Annie can't do yet even though almost all babies her age have long ago mastered these skills. It is not always that easy, but I really do try. When I see her doing something new, it is like Christmas morning for me. I have hoped for months that I would go in and find her standing in her crib. And today was our day! GO ANNIE!!!

Lucy started using another funny little phrase for the first time today. I had forgotten about the dogs outside and said to myself, "Uh oh" while walking to the door to let them in. As I was walking, Lucy says to me, "What's the problem, Momma?" I just cracked up and told her that there was no problem. I have never heard her say this before but I have heard her Lee Lee say it about a million times! I am always curious to see what she is going to say next.

Lucy woke up with a fever again today, but she only got motrin in the morning and has been fine ever since. The fever never came back, so hopefully we are in the clear. I can't deal with Hand, Foot, and Mouth - mostly because that name is so gross and I think of Hoof and Mouth Disease every time I hear it.

I am off to actually get some editing done. I have told myself the past 2 nights I would get to work and I have gotten little done. No more putting it off. Cayce, Adam and their 2 boys are spending the night. They are just in and out, but it was still great to see them. We will be at the beach with them in a few days, so we will get some more time together.


5-13-09-6761

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

first.....

dada

Holly Dolly said...

I guess I'll be 2nd. That was funny. Anyway, HFM update - Wyatt officially has it full-blown with blisters on his hands showing up today. The ones in his mouth are SO pitiful and the feet are sad, too. I really hope the Goose doesn't get it. John's already had it, so he should be in the clear.

Holly Dolly said...

ps - Annie's outfit is extra cute today.

Anonymous said...

I agree...hand, foot and mouth disease sounds so creepy. Those 3 words don't belong together.

Annie, you are a rockstar!

Sarah said...

Way to go, LUCY! I agree with Holly. Lucy's yellow outfit is definately extra cute today. :)

Kelli said...

She'll be walking before you know it. Hooray Annie! I love her yellow outfit! Hope Lucy is okay- hand, foot mouth disease does sound gross. Aiden had a fever last night and our little neighbor girl has fifth's disease so I am hoping he doesn't get it!

Sarah said...

Go ANNIE!!!!

Sorry Lucy isn't feeling well :( Tae had a fever for 5 days no HFM though. Hope she feels better.

Sharon said...

Go Annie! Feel better Lucy : )

Anonymous said...

Love that first photo of Lucy - her eyes just sparkle!

And GOOOOOOO Annie!! One day she's gonna be walking, talking and running and you'll never think about the things she's "not doing" today!

Lane Olson said...

hooray for annie...i bet she's so proud of herself. hope she has a nap today instead of practicing her new skill ;) what fun, cheerful pics today.

Nicki said...

Oh Annie I'm so proud of you!! I just love that picture you posted of her looking out the window. It's like now she has access to a whole new world and she's going to take advantage of it every chance she can! And omg do I love that girl's outfit! SOOOO cute!!!

So glad Lucy is feeling better. Whew! You crack me up with the hoof & mouth reference!

MKH said...

hooray for Annie! it must have been so exciting to see her accomplish all of this! love the smiles in the pics today and that one of Lucy is absolutely beautiful! hope her fever stays away soon!

Mom said...

Dear dada: sometimes you think you are SO FUNNY! And it wasn't even fair because I was in Kansas with no computer access. ugh I do not like HFM disease, and that fifth's one doesn't sound good either. So, Lucy, get to feeling better, and Wy Wy, get healed up really soon! Annie is going to be ready to give you a run for the money from now on! Let's hear it for cruising! Kisses to all, Lee Lee

Love Annie's yellow!