CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

91/365 Happy Birthday Annie





Today I am thankful for Annie's birth mother. I think about both girls' birth mothers often and they are especially on my mind on the girls' birthdays. I wish more than anything that I could hug her neck and show her that Annie is doing so well and surrounded by so much love. I would imagine that this is a hard day for her. I have a hard time talking about the emotions that arise when I think of my daughters' first moms. I just pray that they have peace with their decision and somehow know that we could not possibly love these girls any more. They are our lives. They are the best things that could have ever happened to Justin and me. They are dearly loved and bring constant happiness to those around them. They are perfect.

I am so sad, but I just didn't have it in me to do the long birthday update. Annie has shared that nasty cold she has been fighting with me. It has been coming on for several days, but staying up late last night did not help. I feel miserable. My head is severely congested but the worst part is how badly my throat hurts. I have been in bed a large majority of the day. Annie feels about the same way. I am scared that Lucy will be the same way any day because her nose is getting really yucky as well. Not fun. I am taking a lot of medicine tonight and praying for a bit of relief in the morning. I PROMISE I will get the update post up as soon as I feel better. I also promise a full birthday photo shoot for the birthday girl as soon as she looks like her normal, nonsick self. I have a really cool new place that I want to take pictures, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Soon.

In exciting news, ANNIE TRIED HER CUPCAKE TONIGHT! And she liked it. I got my one birthday wish for her! I really wanted her to just be willing to taste it, and she did not let me down!! I was so happy, and she seemed pretty pleased as well. So awesome to see her do these things, especially since we have really back tracked with the whole eating thing while she has been so sick.

Her doctors appointment went fine today. No ear infections, just a horrible cold. She weighed 17 lbs 2 oz and was 27 inches long. She was in the third percentile for both height and weight. Tiny peanut! Her doctor was pleased with her progress since starting therapy.

Britney was A.MAZ.ING! Loved every single second of it even though I felt crappy. Our seats were so good. 12 rows up and center stage. We were so close to her. Full update on that later as well.

Annie - I hope you had a great birthday even though we are not feeling well. I promise to make it up to you when we all feel better. I can't even begin to explain to you how much we all love you and how incredibly proud of you we are. Stay sweet baby girl. Thank you for being our daughter. We love you so much.




33 comments:

Meredith Woodruff said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Love,
memes

Cinnamon said...

Happy Birthday Annie!! So happy to see her eating that cake on her own!

Liz said...

Been thinking about you girls today and wondering if your 1st birthday celebration was as snot filled as ours was! April Fools or not, I think the moons were aligned last year to make the sweetest, most laid back girls ever. We lucked out.

SO happy to hear that Annie gave the cupcake a try. That is fantastic and SUCH a big deal. She's making huge strides...and I'm sure it was worth it to taste a yummy cupcake.

Hope you are all feeling better soon. Lucy has to get sick and get over it so she can come introduce her sister to the country in a few weeks!! Would you have guessed last year when you were here taking pictures of a 10 day old little girl in the poppies that there was another little girl half way around the world who was also only 10 days and about to come into your life?

Love and Birthday wishes (and soft Kleenexes!) to your family!

Liz

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Annie! Feel better soon you guys.

Kate said...

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY ANNIE GIRL!

Feel better soon!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Annie!

Mom2J&I said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!

Susan said...

Happy 1st birthday, Sweet Annie! I hope everyone feels better soon so y'all will feel like celebrating properly. Hugs from Petunia and me.

hudsmom said...

Happy Birthday to Annie!!! She is just beautiful. You and Justin and wonderful parents! Hope you all get to feeling better, Hudson just got over it this week. By the way, I am so jealous you got to see Britney. I have always wanted to see her in concert.

Mom said...

Kelly Belly--Get to feeling better, really soon. No fun for the Momma to be ill.

As for Britney--I'm old and really don't care!!! I just hope she's taking good care of her boys.

Annie: Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, Dear Annie!
Happy Birthday to you! And many more!

Lucy: Good job on the cake making! You are such a good helper! Keep up the good work!

Justin: Wear a mask.

Get out the tissues with lotion and Vicks!
Talk to you tomorrow. Love and kisses and much rest to all. Lee Lee

Katia Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Annie! YAY for actually trying the cupcake...she's getting so big!

I have heard lots on Britney.. glad you enjoyed it!

Pictures are wonderful as always.

Feel better

Katia

Cori said...

Happy birthday to your sweet baby girl!! Couldn't be cuter if she tried!! : )

Anonymous said...

Work that cupcake, girl! Happy Birthday, Annie. Today is Binh's birthday, too. I was thinking about his birth mom all day, too. What a wonderful gift they have given us, huh?

Denise said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Annie!
It was wonderful seeing the pictures of the birthday girl enjoying her cupcake. Yeah!
I hope you are all feeling better soon. You'll be in my prayers.

Candace said...

Happy Birthday Annie! So cute!

life with the wisners said...

ok, don't laugh. but i started tearing up when i saw that cupcake by her mouth. i'm serious. in my opinion, THAT is a beautiful birthday girl image. gorgeous.

i'm just so excited about all the progress she's making.

and that's because YOU are her mama. you are working day in and day out with her. encouraging her. loving her. cheering her on. she's got the best family.

and just so you know...i just now prayed for your girls' birth mommies. and honestly, i had no idea what to pray for. so i prayed for peace for them. wherever they are. and whatever they are doing.

love to you. praying for healing in your house and in your little bodies.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Annie!!!

Laura said...

Happy first birthday, Annie!!!!!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Annie! SO happy she ate her cupcake!!!

Ani said...

Happy birthday Annie! Feel better soon!

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Annie!! She and Ellie are EXACTLY the same size...that's kinda cute....Hope y'all feel better!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Annie! Sorry you guys are feeling so yucky, hope this cold goes away fast!

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!!!! Hope you are all feeling better soon!

Nicki said...

Happy birthday sweet girl!!! I am so so happy she got to have those traditional birthday cake eating pics taken! Sniff! So so sorry you are all so sick. You did good to even drag ass out of bed and pick up a camera!! I hope today brings relief!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday beautiful, cupcake eating Annie!

Chandra said...

Happy Birthday Annie!!! Clearly the things in mouth issue is going away quickly! Smart girl.

Ronja said...

Happy birthday Annie!!

So beautiful pictures of you and your mom!!

mimi lam said...

Happy Birthday sweet Annie, so glad that you enjoyed your cupcake, from now on, there will be much more cupcakes for your enjoyment, but none will be as sweet as you.

Dawn said...

~*~*~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE ~*~*~

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Annie!!!!

Hope you are all feeling better soon.

ccorley said...

Happy Birthday Annie! We hope you all get better soon. Hugs and kisses. Love you all.

cydnee said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday to your sweet Annie. I was gone on vacation and just now catching up on your blog. I saw the picture of her eating the cupcake and immediately smiled cause I knew how much that would mean to you. I loved the first paragraph about birth-mothers. I am a birth-Mom..placed my first son for adoption 18 years ago when I was just a few days shy of my 16th Birthday. What your wrote about the birth-Moms really means alot to me. Your girls could not be loved more. I hope you and Annie are feeling better soon.

Donna said...

That's how I eat my cupcakes too!

;)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!