CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

102/365



Today I am thankful for Easter Sunday. I love everything that it stands for. I love how it is such a joyous day in the Christian faith when Jesus is risen. I love church on Easter with the beautiful music and message. I love how it is a day for being with your family and having lots of fun with your family. I love candy. :) I love how excited Lucy was about it all. I love how Annie had her first ever taste of candy. I simply love Easter and today was a wonderful day at our house. I wish the weather would have cooperated a bit more, but it did end up being a nice day in the end.

We got up this morning, and Lucy and I made french toast. We all got ready for church and the whole family was looking so nice. By the time we got to church, got parked, and got the girls to their rooms, Justin and I had to sit in the overflow area. I was a little sad about this because the music is just so awesome and you can feel it so much better in the sanctuary, but we still enjoyed it. Our church has symphony players at the Easter services. After church, we ate a very calm and low key lunch. We didn't feel like fighting the crowds at the restaurants and didn't feel like making a big meal. It was really nice and put no stress on anyone. We came home, put the girls down for nap, and then Justin and I played bunny. Once the girls were up, we took them downstairs to see if we were lucky enough for a bunny visit during nap and Lucy was just beyond excited and pleased with the whole situation. She went through everything in her basket and then found every single egg we had hid. Annie just sat and played with her basket. After Lucy found all of the eggs, she needed to empty the contents of every egg, which made quite the mess but was so much fun. Annie loved playing in the mess. We played and played, ate dinner, and got everyone down for bed. Lucy did get quite the sugar high. I had to brush her teeth a couple of extra times today!

I have a funny story. Since we were in the overflow area at church, they display everything happening in the sanctuary on a big screen tv. I guess this man in the choir didn't really think about the fact that he was right by the preacher and would be on the tv the entire time. He proceeded to sleep through the entire sermon. He would nestle himself down in this position where you could tell he was hoping would keep him steady. But soon, his head would collapse and bob around a bit. Then his eyes would pop open and he would look around, acting like nothing had just happened. Within a minute or so, he would be out again. This went on and on and I have to admit, it was distracting for me. I realize that is really mature and all, but it really had me giggling. I almost really lost it and could barely hold the laughter in when the 10 year old boy sitting in front of us elbowed his dad and loudly said, "Hey! That guy is sleeping!" Justin and I both were choking back the laughs. I promise I did listen to the sermon, but I had to really force myself to not focus on that man, and it was NOT easy.

Annie had her fist taste of candy today when she tried to eat the paper off of a sucker, so I let her have it. She wasn't sure at first, but she did suck on it for a while. You couldn't even tell she had eaten any of it when she decided she was done, but it was still fun to watch her go after it!

I hope you all had a lovely Easter and made sure to remember the true meaning behind the day. Today has made for a great start of the week for us!



Evidence that the Bunny stopped at our house.





Coming down to check the loot out. She was very pleased that the Bunny didn't forget her house.


Now, let's find some eggs.


Let's see how I did.


Quite pleased with what she sees.


Here comes trouble wanting in on the action.


Can I eat this egg with the foil on it? (she didn't get any chocolate - poor baby!)


It didn't take long to destroy the living room.


Annie wishing someone would take the paper off of the sucker she found.


Her first ever taste of candy. She was not too sure at first.

I think I will give it another try.


Hey, this is not too bad!


Easter is great!

17 comments:

cydnee said...

It looks like a wonderful Easter Sunday at your house! Lucy & Annie's dresses are so pretty! It is fun to see Annie putting food in her mouth too. :) Hilarious on the guy falling asleep in church! That would have cracked me up too. Glad you had such a nice day...love all your pictures.

Mom said...

Sounds like a great day at your home!!! Hooray! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch all the action! Am certainly sure that Lucy was very pleased that the Easter Bunny had shown up! Tricky rascal, that Bunny! I had told Amy that with our horrible weather it was lucky that you four girls weren't still little bits. It can get a little tricky for the Bunny when the weather isn't cooperating. How did Annie do in the nursery?? Well, I hope! Love all the happy faces in the pics. It was indeed a Happy Easter. Love and kisses, Lee Lee

Mom said...

PS--is a miracle that you an Justin didn't crack up LOUDLY in church. Good self control. Lee

Mom said...

Hey, where are Bruiser and Bianca during the festivities????

M. said...

I must be immature, too- because I would have been laughing all through church. I probably would have had to leave and go laugh in the bathroom, or something. The pictures are so sweet! Glad it was a such a happy Easter for you!

Kelli said...

Sounds like a great Easter- Love the bunny ears on Annie. Love both girls' dresses. Easter Sunday music is my favorite too. It was extra special today as I held Aiden (and bawled)!

Trying Traditional said...

That is what my dad does in church and he sits right behind and to the left of the minister. He has sleep apnea really bad, so we hate to make fun of him. But it is so funny to watch his head all of a sudden drop :)

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a good Easter. I agree I always feel so happy on Easter (with reason!).
I wish I could take shots in the house that look as beautiful and artistic as yours. I guess it's just in the eye- some people have it and some people don't. I'm pretty sure I fall in the "don't" category!
Happy Easter.

Sharon said...

Happy Easter. What a nice day you all had!

Nicki said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love seeing Annie go to town on the candy and I hope Lucy enjoyed her solo egg hunt becuase next year she'll have a partner in crime, no doubt!

SeasHy said...

Kel! Happy Easter, a day late as usual for me now. Love that Lucy got to wear her dress again! :) Annie's was really sweet too and the bunny ears really brought a smile to my face.

Bobbing heads in church? Only Deirdra's and my favorite. We also love to act it out ourselves, you know what I'm talking about.

Wish I could have seen the girls go to town on those Easter baskets and eggs! the pictures were too cute!

love to all.

Kristen said...

I guess I'm immature too because this "Justin and I played bunny" had me blushing and thinking "why is she telling us that????" ROTFL

Love the pictures and so happy you all had a great family day!

MKH said...

looks like the perfect Easter day! the girls look absolutely adorable. Love the pics from the past couple of days! Loved the Annie update. She really is thriving and it's amazing to watch. Congrats on making 100+ posts in a row-I've gotta hand it to ya! And, the pics from your family photo shoot are amazing! really really beautiful!

.Amber. said...

Looks like the girls had a wonderful Easter, which made your easter even better I bet :) Your family is beautiful :D

life with the wisners said...

So, is it weird that I want a copy of that first image for my own house? And they're not even my kids. I love it. So much feeling in it.

And the sleeper? I'm not sure how long I could've lasted.

And I couldn't really even talk about Easter yesterday because I would become a puddle of mush. What He did for us is almost too much to take.

Glad you had a good day.

Jena said...

so funny, Lion-boy said woo-cee and aniee mama? dat TANDY!!!!

I'm with ya on the whole Easter thing...
you guys are too cute....
Happy Easter!

Marlene McGarrity said...

OMG your daughter's Easter morning pics are just so precious.