CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 04, 2009

94/365


Today I am thankful for my dear friend, Mandy. She gets a big head when I mention her on here, but I couldn't resist tonight! :) She is that friend for me now that I could, and do, talk to about every single thing in my life. That friend that I didn't think I would ever find after college. I still have all of my dear high school and college friends that hold that place in my life as well, but sometimes you need a friend that is actually there - not just on the telephone. I am not sure I have ever told this story on here before, but we met in the most random way. We were both at our final adoption ceremony for our girls. We used the same attorney, which was strange in the first place because it was not even a local attorney. We chatted before the ceremony, exchanged information, and now we are the best of friends. She is a great mom and I love her kids close to as much as I love my own. And she loves my girls equally as much. We can relate to one another on adoption issues, which I can't do with most people. She always has realistic and, most importantly, good advice when I need it. We are so much alike in many ways that it is actually scary. I try and keep our husbands away from one another as much as possible so that they don't have the chance to compare notes! :) If I am down, she will come at me with a vast array of funny compliments to make me feel better. She was even more excited about Britney than I was, which means she was REALLY excited. She always knows what is going on in the world of celebrity gossip, and I like that. She and I could really help out a lot of celebrities if they would just give us the chance! But the real reason why she is my thanks tonight is because she brought me brownies tonight after my girls went to bed. And trust me, I needed brownies and a few moments to chat. She just knows when I really could use some adult time, especially when Justin is gone. This has been a crazy week with all of the sickness and Justin being gone, and she has always been willing to help me with anything I needed. For real girl, thank you. Love you! We all need at least one friend like you.

In case you can't tell from the pictures, Lucy is now sick too. The second she woke up this morning, I knew. Her nose was a faucet and her eyes wouldn't stop watering. Annie and I are still full blown sick. Lucy has been known to be the world's worst sick patient, and I could tell things were looking not great for us. I had a talk with her about how everyone felt bad and how it would mean so much to me if she would try and not fuss the whole day. She really did listen and she was not bad at all today. Granted, she watched a whole lot of tv, but seriously, this is big for us for her to not completely melt down. Both girls were really good today. Justin gets home late tonight and honestly, it is not a second too soon. I need him. I am really hurting and beyond exhausted.

Just so I don't forget, Lucy told me her first every story this morning. She marched over to me in the kitchen, put her hands on her hips, and stated, "Momma, I have a story for you." I said okay and this is what she said. "One time last night, there was a big monster. And the big monster ate marshmallows and then he got the bunny. The End." She has been talking about monsters and dinosaurs a lot lately, which is so bizarre to me because we don't have any dinosaurs and I don't think she is watching shows with monsters in them - at least not ones that I am aware of. I have no idea where this stuff comes from, but her imagination is vivid and I love that she is telling me about it. The good news is, she doesn't seem to be afraid of these monsters.

I want to apologize for how incredibly boring my posts have been lately. When you vow to post every day and your whole house is sick for a week, it gets a little difficult to think of anything to say. I hope next week will be more interesting! Just wanted you all to know that I am aware of how boring my constant talk of snot and boogers is.

I am back obsessed with the toes again.


I didn't even know until today that the late afternoon light in Lucy's room was so beautiful.
Annie is SO BIG!

14 comments:

Ki said...

I love that even when you are sick or not feeling your best after a long day you still manage to have the most positive attitude and outlook on life!! And you are always apprecative of everyone and everything in your life!

Anonymous said...

WOW. I mean, I don't want to toot my horn or anything, but all that is for sure true about me.

You were not lying when you said I would like the blog tonight. You know how I feel about you mentioning me on here - REALLY good obviously, so this is a pretty huge huge day.

I love you too girl! Even though the Human Kleenex look is not your best, you are pretty, funny, and awesome. And pretty. And you know I could not love those babies any more :-)

In all seriousness, we are very very blessed to have you in our lives and be in yours...

Susan said...

Thank goodness for good friends, huh? How would we live without them? I'm so glad you have Mandy, but I would be bringing chicken soup to you girls if I lived close by. It's bad enough when your children are sick, but when you're feeling less than stellar, it's super awful. I really hope all of you are on the path to being well in no time. And I hope Justin arrives home even a few minutes earlier than you expect him. Hugs to all!

Nicki said...

Oh no. It is no fun when everyone is sick at once. You are so lucky to have Mandy. I am just now making connections like that locally and boy do I need them, too. There is just nothing like having someone, locally, who really knows and loves you. Sorry - am I feeding Mandy's big head?! :)

I hope you all feel better soon. But if not, at least you have brownies :)

Holly Beck said...

Um, dinosaurs & monsters. Both are some of John's favorite topics of conversation - AND games to play. And he and Lucy just spent a lot of time together. If she starts asking to play robots or transformers next, you will know for sure!!!!! So sorry about spreading the germs in Dallas. Get well soon. XOXO.

Jen said...

Even sick, they are unbelievably sweet. I love your positive attitude as well--your posts make me smile.

Mom said...

OK girl, it's midnight. That's how lucky you are that I am checking the blog after our party! All went well and we had a lovely time. The wind calmed down so that everything outside was great. You are blessed to have Mandy, but we're in trouble now that she knows it! he he he I was thinking the same as Holly, her little guy loves dinosaurs and monsters! And, he also loves to tell and hear a good story! Pretty cool! I did some major bragging on my 4 grandkids at the party! Hope everyone starts to heal ASAP. Please look again for the zicam. Get home quickly, Justin!! Hope your travels have been good! And BROWNIES???? How lucky. I will talk to you and Mandy about Lent again later. Right now, just feel better. Hugs and kisses to all, Lee Lee

dana said...

The pictures are wonderful! I hope you are all feeling better soon. It's hard to take care of little ones when you're not feeling good yourself. Have just been told that mucinex is awesome. I haven't tried it but it's supposedly great. We've got bitten by the bug too and are on antibiotics, but still not feeling well. Rest well and feel better soon!!

Kate said...

i am so thankful for all hte mandy's out there too!!! :) i'm so so glad you have her right there. i am wondering if hohman helped her with the brownies??? :)
i will do a magic spell to get the snot lifted from your house.....abra kadabra.......

Beth said...

Oh, all of us mommies have had entire weeks where the only topic we can come up with is snot, boogers and poop. So, we do understand.
The girls are still adorable, and your blog is always fun to read, no matter how boring you may think it is sometimes.

MKH said...

catching up on all your posts! I'm so sorry you all are sick! Our family just went through the exact same thing, so I definately know how awful you must feel. I hope the girls start to feel better soon.
Now to the pictures-absolutely love them! just getting better and better. The picture of Lucy holding the easter bucket is amazing-the colors are so crisp. well, all the pics are good, I can't narrow it down! Happy birthday to Annie! I'm so happy she tried her cupcake. amazing strides!

life with the wisners said...

There are so many things I want to comment on.

Annie's toes? I love them so much. Those big toes? Rock.

And I hope you take this the right way. But wow...what I would give to cuddle up with Lucy and her babies. I know she's sick but she looks so cozy.

And the light in those bedrooms is awesome.

Friend, you are really doing it. Keeping with your goal. I am so proud of you. And your attitude and spirit are remarkable.

life with the wisners said...

Oh and let me raise my glass to Mandy. Here here! She's fabulous.

Donna said...

Those toes are the cutest!

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!