CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

113/365


Today I am thankful for Target. I know this is a fluff thanks, but I really enjoy Target and get a lot of pleasure out of my time there. I think that they have really cute clothes and shoes for cheap - for me and the girls. I really love any excuse to go to Target and I always end up spending a lot of time (and money) every time I go there. I especially love it when Justin is home and I can leave the girls with him and just wander around. I took the girls with me today, but they are actually pretty good shoppers most of the time. I have gotten much, much better about not buying every cute thing I see in there.

Today was Lucy's playgroup and we did it at this restaurant at the mall that opens up to the most beautiful field of flowers and the softest, greenest grass. I can only imagine what the servers were saying about our group. There were 7 moms and 11 kids. We did go early, so there was almost no one there for most of the time we were there. By the time we were finishing up, it was starting to get crowded and we kind of rushed to finish and pay. Afterwards, we let the kids just run in the field.

I got asked yesterday about how we manage to do so much with nap schedules for the girls. Both girls take an afternoon nap. They generally go down around 1:30 if we are home but can wait until 2:30 if we are out and about. We absolutely NEVER miss this nap. They both require it every day. Annie does take a morning nap, but the poor girl ends up missing it a lot if we have stuff going on. I try not to make her miss it completely, but she has to get woken up from her morning nap a lot. I would never do this if she was grumpy when I woke her up, but no matter what, she wakes up in the greatest mood. You should see how happy she is to see me when I wake her up. It is so sweet. So, once Annie is up, we are generally always out the door. We all seem to function better when we get out of the house. We also almost always do something after they wake up from nap - a lot of times it is just playing outside, but something outside of the house. Today it was a trip to Target. The late afternoon portion of the day is always the longest part of the day. I feel like if we don't do something, the day just drags on, the tv ends up on, and we are all just bored with one another. I don't like this feeling at all, so I try and mix it up for the girls as much as possible. I have found that I am a much better mom if I feel like I am not forced to be tied down to our house for a strict schedule. I am lucky because both girls are really great about rolling with it and don't have to have a strict schedule to function at their best. I know not all kids are like this. Or maybe they are like this because their lives with us have always been like this. We have rarely let their schedules stop us from doing something fun, and they have always been totally fine with that.

I don't have too many pictures from today because I have made myself buckle down and edit session pictures. I don't want to get behind since next week is so busy. I got a lot done while the girls napped today.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with Target and here they have Super Target so there is a grocery store within the Target. I shop there every week (was there earlier today with Bella)!

I am with you - great clothes, neat stuff for the house, good food selection.....LOVE LOVE LOVE it. My husband used to joke we would never get out of there for less than $50. Obviously, that has changed now that we have a child and we buy groceries there but I love just wandering around and looking at everything.

Kelli said...

I heart Target. Definitely something to be thankful for, even if it is fluff! Just got around to reading yesterday's post. Sounds like Lucy is doing great with school! That is fantastic!

Last night Aiden and I had our first laughing so hard I was crying at bedtime. I loved it- such a special time with our kiddos!

Sarah said...

Target is my favorite!!!!…it was one of the first places Tae could recognize as a baby…she would see the red circle and shout out “Target”. We have spent MANY hours there.

Kate said...

Yay Target! Although, I swear there is a $100 curse on that store. No matter how hard I try, I can't walk out of there spending less than that.

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, I could literally move into Target. I LOVE Target. I can spend HOURS and hundreds and hundreds of dollars there without even trying. I won't admit to how much money I spent there one afternoon a few months ago when the day was dragging and Mattix and I went to Target for an "outing." It was ridiculous. I love that Super Target carries lots of Annie's brand foods, and they're way less expensive than at Whole Foods.

I go crazy staying at home, too. We need to get out every day. I had to stay at home with Mattix for a long time b/c he had such a hard time. I'm very grateful that he loves to go out now and that Molley likes being out, too. Thank goodness! I didn't want to be all holed up again, and I think it would have made Matty nuts.

Anyway, the girls' dresses are adorable. Good luck with your upcoming sessions. I'm sure you're taking great photos.

Susan said...

Petunia and I enjoy hanging out at Target, too. Whether we buy anything or not, it's fun to browse. Petunia enjoys having so much to look at, and she really does like to people-watch. We'll probably head there this weekend because she needs some play clothes!

Anonymous said...

When the new Target opened in my town, I felt like life had changed for the better.

Glad you had fun with the play group.

Kristi said...

I am totally laughing at this. They just opened a new Super Target by us and even my girls ask to go there just for fun.

They have really great double carts where the seats are up high and M&K pretend they're in a sleigh and sing Christmas carols as we stroll through the store. (Nope, we're not a spectacle at all!)

Plus, there's a Starbuck's in the store so I'm happy.

Anonymous said...

I think that it is totally parenting-style. People often comment to me how easy going Elizabeth is because I NEVER hardly follow a schedule. I mean, I always make sure she gets a nap, but otherwise we just keep busy and go with the flow. We still go out to eat, I still go shopping, etc. I think it is what you teach your kids. And frankly, I think it is better for them in the long run to learn to be flexible and not so rigid. Oh, and I love Target as well. A $20 trip always turns into at least $75... and we live in Target headquarters. There is one 3 minutes away in about 5 directions.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you don't have to apologize for being thankful for Target! Who isn't??!? I think some days we're thankful for the big things and some days we're thankful for the little things...like Target. Can you call Target a little thing?

Mom said...

OK OK Kelly, I really did post last night, but I must not have hit publish or whatever. ugh I wrote that I had just gotten home from a tennis match. I hadn't won, but played ok, but the team won over all, so that was what counted. I really feel that Target owes you some compensation for all the advertising you do for them! Ladies lunch day, then hopefully out back to finish planting my flowers. So glad you are getting so busy with La La. Good deal! You gals have a great day! Love and kisses, Lee Lee

Sharon said...

Cute pictures. With that late afternoon nap, what time do the girls go to bed? L starts her nap between 12 and 1 and sleeps for about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. We usually skip it on the weekends because we are out and about so much. It's so much easier to get her to sleep at night when she skips that nap!

Anonymous said...

MAN those are cute outfits...