CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 10, 2009

100/365 Annie's 1 Year Update


Today I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me and the rest of the world so that our sins could be forgiven. Especially with little ones, it is so easy to get wrapped up in the holidays and forget the true reason behind them all. I have been talking with Lucy about the real meaning behind Easter. It is not just about eggs, candy, bunnies, and Easter baskets. I am thankful that we know Jesus in our family and will make it a point to talk with the girls more about it.

I am also thankful that I have kept on chugging with my 365 project. It has not been that easy to keep going lately. I am so glad that I haven't quit though. This is important to me and I am going to finish it. I honestly can't believe it has been 100 days already.

If you haven't seen them already, HERE is our sneak peek from our photo session with Jen. So fun!! They are awesome! My favorite is definitely the black and white in the back of the truck. LOVE that one!

Okay, so now I am going to do my update on Miss Annie. So sorry sweet girl that it has taken me so long.

Annie is changing and growing right before our eyes. It is simply amazing to watch her learn new things and make discoveries all day long. She is so thrilled when she figures something out for the first time. Everything is still so new and exciting for her. I love to just sit her out in the grass and let her explore. She checks out every blade of grass, every stick, rock, or leaf, and she loves all of the sounds that come with being outside. She LOVES animals. When a dog walks by, she literally starts shaking and squealing because she is so excited. She doesn't say many words, but I sweat to you she says Bianca - Bah ta. Bianca is so patient and sweet with her. She can say mama and dada but still rarely says them at appropriate times. She says goo goo, ga ga all day long. If I could bottle her little singing and sell it, I would be filthy rich. She has the softest, sweetest voice. I don't know a single person who could listen to it without smiling and relaxing. It has a very calming affect.

She is making improvements with her food issues every day. She will now chew on teething biscuits, tortillas, bread, french fries, cheerios, and chicken nuggets. Healthy, I know, but I would let her eat anything at this point. We still struggle with baby food. I honestly think once she decides to eat, she will just eat table food. I put parts of everything we are having for dinner on her high chair tray. Sometimes she tries the food, sometimes she just plays with it. I am so pleased with the improvements that she has made. She still LOVES her formula and we make up for her lack of calories in solid food through formula.

I can't brag on her enough about her sleep improvements. She sleeps AWESOME now. We still have some rough nights every now and then, but they are rare. She goes to bed at 7 every night. She is just exhausted by 7. She sleeps until somewhere between 1-3 and then gets up for a bottle. Then she goes back down until at least 8. However, we have been extra lucky this week because she has not been up before 9 am once this week and two mornings she slept until 10!! She takes 2 naps (unless she sleeps until 10 and then it is just one). The morning nap is somewhere between 1 and 2 hours and the afternoon nap is somewhere between 2 and 3 hours. I have managed to push Lucy's nap back enough to where they both nap in the afternoon at the same time. Can I just say, I love that break! Sleep was our biggest struggle in the beginning, so to be at this point is simply amazing.

Developmentally, she is working so hard at getting herself to a standing position. We have a hard time getting her to work on crawling now that she can get herself sitting from laying down. She wants to scoot around everywhere on her bottom. Her favorite thing is to hold onto my fingers and go from sitting to standing over and over again. You can just see how proud she is of herself every time she does something big. She expects a full round of applause and just lights up when she gets it. She is doing much better about putting weight on her arms, but it still does not come naturally to her. She is improving though. She has come so far developmentally in the 4.5 months that she has been home. We are all so proud of her accomplishments.

To finish up, I am going to list some of my very, very favorite things that make Annie so special. Annie, we can't wait to see what this year brings for you. We love you so, so, so much love. You are our angel.

I love that Annie is my snuggle bug. She will sit with me and keep her head on my chest for long periods of time, even when she isn't tired. She hugs us tightly and she loves to pat our back with her little hand. Your cuddles are heaven on earth for me. Please don't ever stop giving me those.

I love how when she was sick, she would wake up at 11:30 each night and I just couldn't resist bringing her into our room. She thought she was so big and special to be out of bed and just snuggled on me while gooing at her daddy. She laid on my chest and sang for about 30 minutes and then would go back to bed. Those 30 minutes each night are some of my best memories thus far.

I love that when I give Annie her nighttime bottle she softly squeezes my back with her right hand and lifts her feet up to my lips to be kissed over and over. She holds onto my hand with her left hand. When she is done eating, she starts doing this soft singing and just looks right into my eyes. She usually prefers to be laid down and allowed to fall asleep on her own, but sometimes I get lucky and she rocks to sleep. I LOVE to watch her fall asleep.

I love how much Annie loves Lucy. She watches every single move that Lucy makes. She wants to touch her and be near her all of the time. They are going to have such a special relationship with one another. One that we will never fully understand, but will be so important to each of them. I love to just sit and watch them together.

I love how she kicks her legs with excitement every time that Justin or me pick her up. She just gets so happy and excited. This comes out very best when we go to get her out of her crib. It makes me feel so great that she is that thrilled to see me.

I love how now every time I go to get her from nap or in the morning she is sitting up in her crib and she is just pleased as punch with herself about it. She wakes up SO happy. She loves to have some quiet time in her bed after she wakes up where she just babbles and sings.

I love watching her in the bath. She splashes like crazy and would stay in there for hours if we would let her. She doesn't mind water getting on her face now. She used to completely freak out if water got anywhere near her face. Now, I can dump water right on her head to rinse off the bubbles and she doesn't mind a bit.

I love how she plays peek a boo with daddy when I am holding her. She will hide behind me and then look around me with her whole body. Then she hides again and looks the other direction. It is so cute.

I love how flexible she is. Most of the time, if she misses a nap, it is no big deal. She doesn't lose it or start acting out. She just goes with it. Today she got a little feisty with me, but most of the time she totally goes with the flow with no issues at all.

I love how every single time I catch her eye she smiles with her whole body. Her little mouth is wide open in the biggest smile, her legs are kicking, and she is just so happy. It literally melts my heart over and over all day long.

I just love everything about you sweet girl. I don't know how we ever functioned without the insane amounts of joy that you bring to our lives every day. No matter what, you find a smile for us. You make us all so proud. The fact that you can love and trust the way that you do, despite everything you have been through, speaks volumes about who you are as a person. Your love for life pours out of you. You are happy with only the simplest of things. Your spirit is contagious. You have made us all better people, and for that I am eternally grateful. Being your and Lucy's momma is the greatest blessing I could ever ask for. I love you forever and ever.

Bubbles with friends.


I had HIGH hopes for this photo shoot. And while the pics turned out okay, they did not go at all as planned. Both girls were not pleased with my idea.


These are Annie's 1 year shots by me. Lucy had pictures made in this dress on her 1 year birthday as well.

This is how she really felt about it.


What exactly are we doing here, Mom? You have me in this big dress in these high weeds why?


She saw an airplane. She was waving to her Daddy. Little pumpkin.


This is what it is like to greet Annie in the morning. This is from her birthday morning. Don't you wish you got to wake up to this sweetness everyday as well?!?! Excuse the very congested voices.





































21 comments:

Mom said...

I have tried to read sooooo fast so that I can be #1 commenter on day 100! I cannot believe that you have made it this far, but am so happy for you! I loved all the review about Annie, and my the progress she has made in only 4 months of being saturated with LOVE and FOOD! Works wonders for anyone! I couldn't love those little pumpkins more. I will probably have tons more to say, but am going to hit the publish button! Love and kisses, Lee Lee

Mom2J&I said...

I can't believe you've made it this far either! I don't know how you do it all but I've really enjoyed "checking in" on you guys most every night after I get my kids to sleep. And the pictures, well you know I LOVE the pictures.

Happy Birthday to Miss Annie. Pictures were all beautiful but I adored the video. She is some kind of crazy cute, that little girl.

KrisJ said...

OMG those photos are so awesome! You guys are the most gorgeous family ever I swear! LOVE the video what a sweetie! Its been amazing as an outsider to watch Annie grow Im so glad I can follow you guys are such a fun family!

Cori said...

What a sweet post for your joyful girl!! Couldn't possibly be any cuter. Congratulation keeping up with your 365 project, it will be a special thing to look back at one day. I also love the way you structure it with pictures and then what you are thankful for!! A great reminder.

Missy said...

What a wonderful family you have! Your post to Annie made me well up with tears. Your love is so abundant. She is a precious little love. I can see why she makes everyone so happy!

Suzie said...

Pure sweetness!! The family pictures are amazing and ridiculously cute!! I enjoy following your blog and just love, love your pictures. They are so darn photogenic~~Happy Birthday to Priness Annie!!

Brandy said...

First, CONGRATS on making it so far in the daily posts!!! I know that you can do it! You have been such an inspiration for me whenever we have babies!!

Also, I LOVE ALL the pictures!! God has truly blessed you and your family! And we're praying for little miss Annie!!

Jenny said...

Love this post, reminds me that I really need to document the girls much more...and the pics of the family are freaking awesome. Love them!!!

Happy Easter-Jenny

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I have enjoyed so much reading your updates on your beautiful girls. Annie has came so far and you can just see the love she has for you all in these pictures and video. Happy Birthday Annie! Kelly.. you have beautiful girls. Love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Ok. Pictures today are incredible. So beautifully processed. I am going to have to switch over to LR if that is what it takes! Just beautiful.

I don't know how you post everyday. Even when you all are sick. You should be VERY proud of yourself. I could never. ever. do it. (Well, maybe...but it would be no picture and like, 2 words). Great job!

st said...

I have been lurking for all 100 days and love all your posts and photos. Beautiful!! I have been so curious what your husband does since he seems to be traveling a lot. Your photographer mentioned a band . . .now I have to know! Please do tell the inquiring minds!

Amy Fred said...

Congrats on the 100th blog! The girls look so pretty! Can you believe I'm actually leaving a comment! You should be soooo proud! Anyway, the pictures are beauty-ful and so are those girls! I was almost crying with joy at the little video of Annie on her birthday morning. She is just such a little bundle of joy! I love and miss you guys so much, and I hope to see you soon! Hugs and kisses!

nicki said...

First happy 100 days! HUGE deal!!! Keep it up! Your daily posts are part of my morning cup 'o joe!

Second, Annie holds such a special spot in my heart. She's just such a fighter and has the best personality, ever. That video totally made my day.

Sharon said...

What a perfect update! I loved the video too. I had to play it twice for Linhsey.

Leslie & Shaune said...

CUTENESS. love the video :)

heidi said...

can i ask where you got lucy's teal/green floral dress? i love it! i love your photos and check them often!

-heidi
daveheidi@comcast.net

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness, where do I begin? First, congrats on getting to day 100- very impressive! I love the pictures from the photo shoot. Very original. Annie has come SO far in the past few months. It's wonderful to hear about all of her accomplishments- she is such a special little girl! Aiden thinks so- I still have my Christmas cards of the refrigerator and Annie and Lucy always get a coo! Your pictures of the girls are gorgeous as usual

Trying Traditional said...

great pics and the video makes me smile! Some of my favorite pictures are crying shots...awful but true. Even when crying our kids can be so adorable (especially when they have outgrown whatever it was that they were crying about.) Our girls have always known about the real meaning of Easter and Christmas as well. Wait until the day that Lucy asks you or your husband at bedtimes prayers the deep questions, ones that lead to them asking Jesus into their heart and lives. Takes your breath away!

Anonymous said...

How sweet is this post? I love it! And thanks for sharing that video!! I swear the sweetness is off of the charts with that lil' punkin!!

Congrats to you on 100 days of posting! WHOA!

Sherri said...

I am so impressed...100 days!!!! I never thought any child could be as sweet as Lucy was in that dress. But then along came Annie. You are so thoughtful about things like that, I wish I were more like you. Just wanted to let you know that we love you and are praying for you all.

life with the wisners said...

Dude. 100 freaking days. You're my hero. I am so incredibly proud of you.

Annie's one year photos? Beautiful. Processed beautifully but simply. As always.

And thank you - I am crying tears of pride at your one year post. Kelly, you are an amazing mommy. One who is teaching her children about Jesus, love, and all the fruits of the spirit.

It's an honor to know you and call you friend. Happy birthday, sweet Annie.