CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

73/365

Lucy 73/365

Annie 73/365

Today I am thankful that Justin gets home tomorrow and that he is actually feeling better. For the past 2.5 weeks, because Justin has either been sick or on the road, I have had almost no help with the girls. Just me and them around the clock. I genuinely love my time with the girls. I am so incredibly blessed to be able to stay home with them and I can't imagine it any other way. I don't want to imagine it any other way. But 2 and a half weeks with no more than a few hours off the entire time is hard work. I am worn down. I hope tonight is not too crazy. The past few have been pretty rough with the teething issues. I just need some regular adult conversation and a little time for myself and I will be back to 100% in no time. I feel really lucky because both of my girls are so good. They are easy on me and make my job as their mom fun and entertaining. Sure, Lucy goes through her stages, but not right now. I really don't know if I could have handled the past few weeks if they were being challenging. We have a fun week planned, so I am ready to get that started. I really am not trying to complain, just saying that I really look forward to Justin's help again.

The girls and I had a busy day today. One of Lucy's friends had a birthday party this morning. It was so cute - the kids all wore pjs and ate donuts. I LOVED that I didn't have to rush around and get either girl dressed. Made things much simpler. After that, we came home for lunch and naps and then I got the girls ready to go to our neighbor's house for their St. Patty's Day party. After being inspired by the ultimate crafter, Laurie, I made the girls each a green and white tutu. I hated the green tulle I got, but it was all I could find without having to drive really far away. They were the only kids at the party and they got a lot of compliments on my handy work and their entire outfits. They were really decked out in their St. Patty's gear. After that, it was time to come home, make dinner, baths, and bed. I am now ready for it to get quiet in our neighborhood. There are still a lot of parties going on but it sounds like they are starting to wind down. I am definitely laying on the bed for the rest of the night. I am going to get caught up on my tivoed shows.

Night.

The cold weather kind of put a damper on our outfits. They would have been much cuter without coats.
3-14-09-0900

3-14-09-0889

3-14-09-0881

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls and tutus look adorable! Glad Justin is getting back home and is hopefully healthy now - you definitely need some help and a break every now and then!

Anonymous said...

OMG. Too cute! I hope you get some rest and a nice long break when your man gets home. I don't know how you do it girl!

Jen said...

What adorable little Paddy's day outfits! Enjoy your time with Justin--have a glass of wine and some good grown up conversation :)

Amy said...

I have never posted on your blog before but I have been following for quite awhile. My hubbie and I are in the process of adopting from India (our first) - got our referral 6 1/2 months ago - just waiting to travel. We decided to adopt first - similar to your situation. I just think your girls are the cutest and I love your style :)

Amy T

MKH said...

ok, now you're killin' me! post everyday, with amazing pictures, and now you make tutu's!!!!! no jealousy here!!! love the tutu's-uggh, so cute!

cute pics and sounds like a fun day!

Mom2J&I said...

Coats or no coats, the girls look absolutely adorable!
My hats off to you Kelly, I don't know how you get it all done and done so well.
So glad your hubby is coming home.

Sharon said...

So adorable!

Kelli said...

Absolutely adore the St. Patrick's themed tutus. THe girls look so cute and ready to celebrate! Happy to hear Justin will be back home and you will get a little break- we all need one every now and then!

Emily said...

ohno, those outfits are too cute:)

Kate said...

Love the tutus. Glad help is on it's way!

Anonymous said...

Good job girl! They look adorable! I'm so glad J's going to be home and you will get a break. Hope he's feeling better, too!

I've never lived anywhere that they have St. Patty's Day parties! how fun!! St. patty's Day is Noah's birthday so it holds a special place in my heart :)

Anonymous said...

Love the tutus....Gracie wore one to her birthday party and it is just too much fun. I will echo what others have commented on today...I do wonder how you do it all???? It seems you have an amazing ability to always fit in fun things to do with the girls during the day, time to just be still and quiet with them, time for friends, time for photography, time to learn new things, etc. I have 3 kids and at times feel as if my world is always spinning...like it's all I can do to get the house clean, fix meals and get laundry done. I find myself feeling guilty for not just "being" with them more...playing, going fun places, doing crafts, etc. As a busy mom yourself, do you have any suggestions as to how to find that balance??

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I forgot to mention the other day how great it is that Lucy is starting to understand her adoption.
I posted a few books on my blog if you were interested. I am sure that Lucy is getting to that age that she will actually sit down and let you read here a book.
You may have these books, but thought you might be interested.

life with the wisners said...

WHO KNEW you were such a susie homemaker?

those tutus ROCK! way to go, dude.

so funny because buz and i thought about you guys all throughout the day yesterday. hope it quieted down for you last night.

your little green gals looked so cute. i am so impressed.

and hopefully justin is now home and lovin' on his girls.

cheers to you, mom, for doing your solo job without complaining. i am so impressed. i would be milking it for all it was worth.

Cinnamon said...

The tutus are adorable! I hope you get some me time soon. I know how crazy it can make me when I don't get any.

Candace said...

Love the tutus! I checked out the link to Laurie's site and the directions looked so easy that I decided to make one for my daughter. It turned out great! I put a link back to your site on my blog to show everyone where I got the idea. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shay said...

coats or not, they are still PRECIOUS!!!