CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

I just wanted to make a note of how sweet Lucy was tonight. Lately she does not really want us to rock her to sleep. Once she is ready for bed, she wants to be rocked for a few short minutes and then requests to get in her bed. It is nice that she is in such a great routine for bed, but I really miss rocking her. Tonight, for the first time in a long while, she let me rock her to sleep. She actually laid back in my arms, snuggled in tight, let me play with her hair and tell her about how much I love her. I watched her drift off to sleep. It really has been quite some time since I have actually seen her go to sleep. I forgot so quickly how adorable she is when her blinks start getting longer and she tries so hard to keep her eyes open. She will let them close for a few seconds and then they open back up, but each time they open less until she finally can't stand it anymore. Her breathing becomes steady and deep. She is so peaceful and relaxed. I love to rock her. I love to watch her sleep. I love to be her mom. And because I want to have a record of her crazy sleeping, she slept until 10 am yesterday morning and 9:30 this morning. This is with no wakings and going to bed at 8:30. She is still taking a 2 hour nap everyday as well. I joke with Justin that only he would have a child that sleeps so late and so much. Justin LOVES to sleep. I mean, really really loves to sleep and he hates the mornings, so this is literally his dream come true. Let's see how long it lasts.

I am still working on photo editing. I simply love to play with it. I have so much to learn and can't quite get enough. What do you think of these. You have seen most of these pictures before. My favorites are 1, 2, sandbox, and 7. I have a hard time with black and whites. I love b&w pictures, but have a really hard time getting them to look the way I want them to. I think that mine usually turn out boring (like #3 and 4). I still have a FAR way to go before I am happy with what I know.

DSC_2228
DSC_1444
DSC_2388
Big Smile
DSC_2545
DSC_2800
DSC_2886
DSC_2892
But Mom, do I have to??
DSC_2893

And just for fun, here are some cute videos from the past couple of days. I swear the child does wear pants occasionally! Also, the other day my worst nightmare happened. I was holding her at her closet and simply said out loud, "What do you want to wear today? How about a dress?" I was just talking out loud - not wanting a response. She went ahead and said no to the dress and yes when I suggested jeans. Now, I love jeans and I love Lucy in jeans, but I REALLY love Lucy in dresses. No worries though, she happily let me put a dress on her anyway. I am not looking forward to the day she insists upon choosing her wardrobe. I like that job and she already has a lot of summer dresses that will be worn.

She can finally get some air when she jumps!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Due to the excessive amounts of sleep this girl has been getting lately, she is SUPER crazy when she is awake. I adore her energy.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Can you believe that crazy, energetic, wild girl can do this for very long periods of time?

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the girl is air born!!!! What a cutie. Wish I was sleeping that much! Tell her that when I come to see her that I AM rocking!!! I need you to upload some of those pics somewhere so that I can get a really big one! The are all very good. Love to you all, LeeLee

Cinnamon said...

She is so cute (as her shirt states). I love that laugh! Your dog is so cute too. We also have a Chihuahua but she is very chubby.

Mama Bunny said...

What program are you using, and are you using the brightness/contrast button? If so, you might want to try working with the levels instead of the brightness/contrast button... just my suggestion.

dwayne and melanie said...

Sweet story about sleeping! Love love love her! Her laughter is contagious!

Kristin said...

Your pictures look great! I know just how addicting editing can be...especially when you learn something new. My butt can be glued to the chair for hours just playing around. :-)

I can't wait to see her again IN PERSON! (hint, hint)

Anonymous said...

love the one with the blankets:)

Anonymous said...

wow, Warty's video debut was awesome; he managed to sneak two snips in. You go little buddy.

I miss you guys like crazy. Make sure that beauty remembers how to say "SEASHY!!!!"

love you!

Anonymous said...

oh, and your photography skills are medium.

seashy

Jenny said...

I used to spend my life in the rocking chair. And haven't seen the girls asleep in ages, but mimi feel asleep in the car in CT. It was soo sweet!

The photos look wonderful. Can you believe how big our girls are getting. Today looking at mia I couldn't get over and seeing Lucy, soo big, goodness it goes quick.

Kate said...

So what's your trick to get her to sleep so long? I must know the secret!!! =) Great videos and photos! Photo editing is so addicting!

Sharon said...

The pictures are great. Linhsey sat on my lap and watched the videos. After explaining that they were not Linhsey and that they were Lucy and her Mama, she said " Baby! Happy!" Yes Linhsey, Lucy is VERY happy!

Anonymous said...

I have huge post-process issues with B&W too. Have you found a good filter or action? I loved the same ones you do!

LOVE the videos, she is so crazy and cute! Yay on the jumping! I can't believe she'll just sit like that and read! That's so cool!

Jen said...

your photos are beautiful!

KrisJ said...

I absolutely love getting on here and seeing all the photos and videos! It really makes my day! I have to say that photo 1 melts my heart, I just want to put it on my wall! I think you do an amazing job and Lucy is so stinking cute, thanks for sharing

LawMommy said...

Oh, the demands to choose their own wardrobe. THOSE are FUN. (NOT!) We've been having some knock-down drag-out fights about clothes the last few weeks. Gabriel could care less what he's wearing (provided it is soft), but Lana...it has to be PRETTY, and CUTE ("I HAVE to look CUTE today, mom") - and her idea of cute and my idea of cute - are not always the same!

I love the sandbox photo!

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

I love the photos. I, too, love to crop and play around with color and lighting. I really need a bigger and better camera, but for now I just work with what I have. Lucy is just so precious...no picture of her could ever be anything less than wonderful. The first picture is my favorite of all of them. :)

About the wardrobe...maybe you'll luck out. Ava is nearly 7 and for the most part still lets me pick out clothes for her to wear to school everyday. Although she did go through an independent phase from about 2-3 years old where she would change clothes (on her own, she refused all help!) multiple times a day. She would also change clothes after we tucked her in at night. Every night I would check on her about twenty minutes later and find all the dresser drawers open, her in some mismatched ensemble passed out on the floor amongst piles of clothing. It was annoying day after day, but darn cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I haven't posted any pictures that I have creatively played with..because they all stink. I need a lot of practice. I love coming to your blog to check out what you're doing. I'm totally going to steal some of your ideas. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Kell, you're getting good with that camera! I'm dying to learn the black and white trick. I really wish I could learn to use Lightroom (or photoshop) like that. The 4th and 7th pictures are my favorites.
The videos are so cute too. I always think Lucy is crying, but then I see her adorable smile and I realize it's her hysterical laughter!

Kat said...

I have never visited your blog before ... I'm just a cyber-stranger who was directed here by Jen's waiting-to-adopt blog. I read the top entry then scrolled down to see the pictures ... and WOW, I actually gasped OUT LOUD at that first picture of your sweet Lucy!!! GORGEOUS GIRL and great photo work! Lucy is just precious and looks like a super happy little girl. Congrats!

Kathy
Richardson, Texas

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I'm only commenting to say that I just about died over Seashy's comments. Gotta love her for calling out evil Wartison, and for saying your photography skills are medium. So Katy. Did you hear she just got a job at a baby boutique in Fayetteville? That discount better be headed our way!!!! XOXO - Holly

Anonymous said...

I must say, I meant died laughing. Not sure how people would interpret that response. She's so funny...

Jess and Paul said...

Wow, your photos keep getter better and BETTER! I love the tones in the first 2.

Kelli said...

I just started playing with a few of my pictures- it's so addicting. I really need to get a better program. Your pictures are great! Love the videos!

Sara said...

Kelly, get this, my Lucy insists on wearing SWEAT PANTS! So just be glad she is not asking for those :) Of course, by sweat pants she means stretchy knit pants, not ugly old sweat pants, but still...urgh!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how well she's sleeping. My daughter still rarely sleeps through the night. Also, I love her in dresses, but she prefers pants. THe other day she said, "No dress." Nooooo!

Sherri said...

Next time we get together I'll put Lucy to bed and you can take Gracie. I just finished putting her to bed and I am worn out. She will run around in circles to keep herself awake. When I finally manage to get her to sit with me so I can rock her she will begin twisting in my arms. She will be on my shoulder getting quiet and she will suddenly throw her body toward my lap or in some random direction. It keeps me on my toes. She fights going to sleep every night. And she rarely sleeps past 7am. I have the eater, you have the sleeper. Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

Your photos always look so absolutely amazing. I don't know what equipment and programs you use (I think you've mentioned before, I'll have to dig back through your blog) but the photos you post always take my breath away. I can never actually pick a favorite - between your gorgeous "model" and your awesome skills, it's too hard to narrow it down to one favorite!

Susan said...

Honestly, Kelly, must you brag about your daughter's wonderful sleep habits? You're killing me over here! Petunia has no trouble going to sleep. It's just the staying asleep that has her stumped. Please send Lucy's sleep vibes our way. Please, please, puh-leeeeeeeeeze!

Laura said...

I think you're trying to torture all of us with Lucy's amazing sleep schedule! I'm with Justin...can't stand the mornings. If I had life my way, I'd sleep from 2:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. every "night." I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy rocking your baby to sleep. That's so nice. I really love that time as well and wonder how long I'll have it. Beautiful photos, as always.

Boom said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL photos! She is gorgeous!!