CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Miss Manners

Within the past week, Lucy has started really using manners. In the past she has said please when prompted, but it is all coming without me asking her now. Most of the time when I ask her a question and the answer is yes, she says, "Yup peeeese!" When I hand her something, she says a very excited, "Tank You Mama!" It cracks me up every time.

Another thing that is brand new within the past couple of weeks is that she has all of the sudden developed a sense of being scared of something. Before a week or two ago, I would say that Lucy is absolutely fearless. I had never really come across anything that scared her. She has always been leary of strangers, but I would not say she is scared of them. She was TERRIFIED of a kid at the park today whose face was painted like a tiger. Any time he looked at her she would scream a very real, scared kind of scream. She is terrified of a skunk in this one episode of Dora. I have no idea why. It is not a scary skunk, but if that episode plays, she is horrified for a few seconds - it is on a Dora video we have. She hides her eyes and is genuinely scared. Strange how she all of the sudden got a sense of fear.

This striped adorable outfit is a purchase from VN. We still have a lot of clothes from VN that have not been worn. I am working on getting to them.

This picture is killing me. She was dancing on our front porch and I caught the perfect Elvis move. I mean really, could she be in a more Elvis like stance? I love that she does things like dance on the front porch. I looked over and she was just a shakin her booty - no music or anything. She was just feeling it.
elvis.jpg
stripes3.jpgstripes.jpg
stripes2.jpg
bathtime.jpg

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

And not JUST an Elvis pose, an Elvis pose in a jumpsuit! Classic.

Anonymous said...

she is the perfect Elvis! TOO cute!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud at how cute that little munchin is! Love the jumpsuit from VN. You are right, she is Elvising it up!!! Love the shampoo pose, our sprout ha gotten so long! Miss her to pieces. How cool is it that she is knowing when to use her manners. Good work! LeeLee

Michelle said...

Too cute and that outfit is TDF!

Laurie said...

OMG Lucy is beee-u-tee-ful and you are a wonderful photographer!

Mia's Mommy said...

Mia went through a fear phase too. I think it's when they can express a new emotion, it goes into hypersensitivity. Mia is still very frightened of the mirror in Snow White. She is now also scared of sleeping in her room with the closet doors open. It is really strange to see something just all the sudden manifest. I hope Lucy learns quickly to brave her fears. I think that acknowledging their emotions is very important then also explaining why there should or shouldn't be a fear and how we'll be there to protect them.

Natasha said...

Your pictures are amazing. I wondered what type of camera you are using and if you are using a program to bump up the brightness of the photographs? I would love to be able to take such great pictures of my babies. Also where do you get all of Lucy's adorable clothes?

Anonymous said...

Lucy is the best dressed kid around! Beautiful.

Kate said...

Love the striped jumpsuit! Jazz it up with some rhinestones and give the girl some gold sunglasses and you've got yourself an Elvis. To take it one step further, as far as manners go...teach her to say, "Thank you, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!"

Okay, I'll stop now! =)

Kate has left the building....

(clearly I've gone insane)

mam said...

Oh, I can't wait to bring out some of the summey Vietnam clothes again -- unfortunately it's still 50 degrees and overcast up here. Adorable, simply adorable (as always).

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I LOVE that outfit!

Anonymous said...

Wow she is so cute - I can can just picture her cute southern drawl when she's using those manners! That Elvis pose is my favorite - I can't put my finger on it, but there is something in her facial expression that is just a little different from the usual shots, like you captured a little something extra adorable.

Anonymous said...

Miss Lucy isn't just shakin' her thang, she's actually SMILING in all those pictures! About time she started showing us that beautiful smile when mama has the camera out. She is just too precious for words. I bet that sweet little voice saying "tank you mama" is adorable. You must post video.

Kristen said...

She is just absolutely gorgeous! You have the best taste in clothing I must say!

Kelli said...

What a prim and proper princess! Love the Elvis pose!

Anonymous said...

ha! remember how surprised you were when Addison suddenly started expressing fears? Now its your turn! It really is bizarre isn't it?

LOVE the jumpsuit and she does a mean Elvis, for sure!

dwayne and melanie said...

LOVE this kid! She is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Man that girl is so adorable....so adorable!

Anonymous said...

That first photo is WAY too cute! She makes an awesome Elvis (far more beautiful, of course). I love the last one, too.

Sharon said...

I love the photo of her sitting in the chair. You have the perfect model !