CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Really Big Accomplishment!

Tonight, for the first time ever, Lucy poo pooed in her potty!!!!!!!! I seriously freaked out I was so excited. I totally did not expect it, and I was so proud of her. I got Lucy a potty for her bathroom about a month ago. I wanted her to get used to it and have lots of time to get used to having it around before we even considered trying to teach her about it. I have always been a little scared of potty training and know literally nothing about how to do it. All I know is that I should always be positive about it and never pressure her into it. So, when we change her diaper, I usually ask her if she wants to sit on her potty. She always says, "Yeah!" and will run in the bathroom and sit on the potty for a few seconds. I always praise her for just sitting on it and then we put her diaper back on. Also, she is always around when I am in the bathroom, so I have started talking to her about it. Tonight after dinner she was clearly working on going to the bathroom. I checked her diaper and she had not gone yet, so I asked her if she wanted to poo poo in her potty, and of course, she said, "Yeah!" I took her upstairs, took off all of her clothes because it was bath time, and told her to go and sit on her potty. For about a minute, she was just playing - on the potty, off the potty. I could tell she needed to go. I told her one last time to go potty and I did not look at her. I was filling up the bath. All of the sudden, she shouts "Poo Poo!" and sure enough, she had gone!! I was so excited and kept telling her what a big girl she was. She acted like it was another day at the office and no big deal at all. At almost 19 months, she used her big girl potty for the first time.

In just the last few weeks, Lucy has changed a lot. All of the sudden, she is a total snuggle bug, which is SO NICE! She gives out lots and lots of hugs and more kisses than ever. She is still pretty stingy with the kisses, but the hugs come any time you ask. If I ask her to snuggle with me, she nuzzles into my neck. I obviously LOVE this. I have always wanted her to be more snuggly, and it is finally happening. We are just a few days away from her 19 month birthday, and I will do a full update then.

I got several questions about Lucy's brown and blue dress in the last post. It is made by Pink Chicken - check out how cute all of their stuff is at www.pinkchicken.com. I would actually like all of their dresses for Lucy!

We have had the most amazing weather lately. Yesterday, it was 80 degrees and sunny. It was hot outside and we were in shorts and tees. We go to the park almost every day for at least an hour and a half. It is so wonderful to be outside. Lucy loves the park and we have such a great one about 4 blocks away from our house. I am really trying to take full advantage of this awesome weather because before we know it it will be too hot.





21 comments:

Kate said...

YEA!!!!!!!!! FOR POOOOOPOOOOO

Anonymous said...

Wow that seems so early for using the potty. Great job Lucy!

Anonymous said...

Kelly--I'm with Kate--yea for poo poo!!!! What a pumpkin--and the pics are great. I know that you are sitting at your computer waiting for my comment! Just had a great visit with Holly, and earlier with Amy. All seems good in Tennessee. And, Wyatt is now Mr. Jumperoo!!! He is a maniac in that thing. Remember how much Lucy loved it???? Love and kisses to you all. LeeLee

StaceyF said...

Way to go Lucy!! What a big girl! I love seeing you girls and Justin this past weekend and hope to see you again soon!

LaLa said...

Go Lucy!!!! Love all the pics ~ where are the potty pics though? You know I have plenty of Miss A : )

Anonymous said...

Yay Lucy!!!!!!!! That is a big big deal! How cute that she yelled it out! teehee.

Addy has that same shirt (big surprise, I know). Ok making notes here: go outside more before I regret it and it's 110 again. Got it.

Can't wait for the full update!

Cinnamon said...

That is so cute she shouted "poo,poo". When Jade first went poo we were so excited and making such a big deal, she went to reach in to pick it up. We were laughing so hard. She wanted to see what the big deal was. So we had to explain that yes we are excited but we don't touch our poo. 80 degrees!!!! It's 20 with a foot of snow outside here. Cute post!

Brandy said...

Yea Lucy!!!!!

dwayne and melanie said...

Yea!!! Such a big girl!

Kristin said...

How exciting! I hope the success continues!

Sharon said...

Woo Hoo for the Poo Poo!!!!
You are so darn lucky to have such nice weather right now. It was in the 40's and raining here yesterday.

K said...

Wow, WTG Lucy!!!

jenn said...

I love potty talk :) and 80 degrees!!!! I need to move south, all these pics of kids at the park is killing me (as I sip hot tea and watch the snow fall.)

Thanks for the dress info. I'm going to have to start sewing again. Once you start it's awful because you look at dresses (anywhere, even at Target) and think "they only have about $10 of fabric and notions in that little thing..." and "in my free time I could whip a few of those up in just the right colors" It's awful!

Maybe I should just ask Brian for a couple Pink Chicken dresses for my birthday! They are so cute and I can't get them out of my head and now that the free time around here is non-exist...I'll put them on my list and see what he says:)

Meredith Woodruff said...

Yea Lucy!!! I can't believe her first time using a big girl potty was a #2! Good girl:)!

dana said...

That is so great - congratulations to Lucy!!! I am SO jealous over your weather!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly-
for not knowing *anything* about potty training, it sounds like you are doing everything exactly right! Way to go Lucy & Momma!

Lee said...

way to go Lucy! ;O)

Kate said...

Yea Lucy! That's wonderful!

Oh..and your weather makes me sooo jealous! I'm so ready for spring!

Sherri said...

Lucy is such a big girl!!! I can't wait to see you guys.

Jess and Paul said...

Wow, good for Lucy (you must be so excited, mom!). I envy your weather...to think, we still have to wait 2-3 more months for SPRING...I don't even know how long for 80 degrees. This time of year I always want to move down south. Enjoy it!

Kelli said...

Hooray! Lucy is getting to be such a big girl! I am SO ready for some warm weather.