CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy New Year and Talking Videos

Today is the beginning of Tet in Vietnam. This is the new year celebration and it is a HUGE deal. This is the year of the rat. I am going to get some pictures of Lucy in her Ao Dai hopefully tomorrow and take her to a local Vietnamese restaurant. I tried to get her on video saying Happy New Year, but she would only say Happy!!

Here are some videos of Lucy talking up a storm. In the first, she says "Oh Man!", all of her aunts' names, and a few other things. Sorry Lee Lee and Grandy, she doesn't say your names. The second one shows her blankee love yet again. There is a pause in it where she goes to look for her blankee, but she does come back!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Her eating has improved over the past two days. I have even gotten some veggies down her. She picked out a "special" sippy cup all on her own today. She went straight for the Dora cup with a straw, which I think will end up being a great pick. She took about two sips tonight from it and then just held it, but that is better than zero sips. We will see how it goes.

She has been going to bed so early lately - in bed asleep by 7. This is nice for me, but it results in her waking up early, which is not so nice. I am not quite used to it. But as a result from waking up earlier, she has been napping for around 3 hours. So, she has been sleeping a lot lately. I have been playing with her pretty hard lately, so that could explain it. We have been going to the park most days for at least an hour and a half. She just loves it and I love the fresh air. It seems to really wear her out.


12 comments:

Mia's Mommy said...

Happy New Year! The videos are so cute. I can't wait to see the aoi dai photos. I hope the special cup works. It sounds like you had some small successes; that's encouraging!

Kate said...

love this one too!!!! :) makes me smile! love love love the videos! sucha talkie girl...why is the hot pink blankie a "he" ? :)loved her kisses and hi papa..felt like i was there!

Anonymous said...

Kell--I know that you are waiting for my comment. Well, the videos make me cry they are so funny and good. Dad says not to wear her out so she will say some words for us!!! I will definitely work on LeeLee and Grandy so that we aren't left out!!! What about year of the teddy bear??? Does it have to be a rat??? She is doing great--I want to see the new cup. Do I need to get one, or will she bring that one when she comes to visit? Love and kisses to you all. Mom

Shawna said...

That blankie video was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. I wish I could get down to Dallas again soon so she can give me a hug complete with a back pat.

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE! I love the videos!

Nancy said...

"Pinko the Hot Pink Blankee" sounds like a cartoon character! Love when she hugs and pats the blankee - you weren't kidding when you said she loved those things!

Heather said...

I've been MIA commenting on your blog, but I'm still enjoying reading all your updates....

Josh and Marcie said...

Happy New Year! I wondered what you did to celebrate that with her. Every time I see her, it makes me smile. She has such a sweet voice. I can tell in your voice that you can't seem to get enough of her either!

Melissa said...

I really hope the special cup works for Lucy, Kerrigan took a while to grasp the idea, but she got it eventually,and now will not take any other cup. haha But we bought out our local Target and are prepared. Hope your weekend was great! By the way the videos are amazing, she is darling.

Anonymous said...

CUTE videos! I love her talking. she's so sweet! This weather is so great - I am loving the fresh air and outdoor time too. By the way, Addy absolutely LOVED these videos! She thinks Lucy is very entertaining! She had to go get a blankie after watching :) Peer pressure begins early.

S. said...

I can't believe how much she has grown! What a cutie! Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

How much fun to hear Lucy talk and she says so many words! You are doing a great job, Kelly. Coco