CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Year in Pictures

I thought it would be fun to post a picture from each month last year so you could really see how much Lucy has changed. Size wise, she has not changed that much in a year. She is only 3-4 lbs heavier than when we left Vietnam, but she is SO much taller. I think the biggest change from month to month is really just her hair. Her long hair makes her look so big now. I got several comments about her hair in the past couple of posts. It even looks long and different to me in just the past week or so. Her hair is growing so quickly. It is going to be really long before we know it. I have also gotten a couple of comments on the pictures being great. I got a new lens for my D40 for Christmas - the 55-200 mm. I LOVE IT! I can zoom really close and not have to be all up in Lucy's face. It is awesome.

Quick update on Project Organize Our House. We have worked in the guest room for 2 days now and we are finally starting to see some progress. Still a mess, but getting better. There are actually 4 sets of drums, 5 snare drums, about 2 million drum heads, and lots of cymbals. If you can imagine, that takes up a lot of space. If our children want to play an instrument, I am going to encourage them to chose one that doesn't require so much space. :) Maybe the flute would be nice! I don't think I can handle two drummers. Bad news though, still no passport. I think I am going to have to go and get a new one. I am really upset about this because the other one has all of my Vietnam stamps, but I just don't know where it is. I am sure it will turn up the day I get a new one.

I have recently welcomed some close friends to the wonderful world of blogging. I am so happy that they finally caved and got their own blog. The first belongs to one of my closest friends, Kate. She just started and is now obsessed with getting comments. She is kind of relying on me to get her some blog traffic! Ha. All bloggers love comments. So, head on over to The Carter's and drop Kate a comment welcoming her to blog land - really, she is desperate for comments. Her little Liza is really adorable and has a wardrobe to rival Lucy's. Next, my great friend Amber just had her precious son a few days after Christmas. He is so tiny and cute! Lucy and I get to meet him this weekend. We can't wait! Amber's blog is Stephen Cyler. Go and see for yourself how precious he is.

Here is our girl growing up before our eyes. Enjoy! Can you believe how much she has grown and changed? Will you post one picture of your kids for each month last year? I would love to see them grow.

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

January 2008

14 comments:

Stacy said...

I love the year in pictures! I agree - everybody who has their little ones home should do this, it's a blast to look through. She's getting to be such a big girl - it's just amazing and of course she's adorable!

Lee said...

How wonderfully awesome!

Shawna said...

Wow, even in the past three months Lucy looks so much older. I'm not even going to recognize the next time I'm able to see her!

Susan said...

Great idea. I'll have to do the same on my blog. Petunia is very much like Lucy in the fact that her body hasn't grown much, but her hair sure has.

It's almost unbelievable how quickly our children change from month to month, but it's great to see them grow and thrive. Lucy is a darling, as always, and I really enjoyed this post full of pictures.

Amber said...

Thanks for the shout out about the blog kelly! The blogging thing really is quite addicting! I love it! I also love the monthly pictures! What a wonderful idea! I'm for sure going to do this with Cy! I can't wait to see you and Lucy this weekend!

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

I love the year in pictures! I can't believe what a little person she is!!!

Jennifer said...

Kelly,
I have visited your blog for the past couple of months (one of my dear friends is going through vietnam adoption and turned me onto your blog), and I just love watching Lucy grow. Such a great idea, a year of pictures. I just may have to do that on our blog. Lucy is adorable as always, and just has the absolute BEST hair!

LaLa said...

Love it...I did mine a couple of weeks ago. I have that lens too and love it. Of course I still have my D40 on auto all the time..I really need to learn how to use it : )

Kelli said...

Love the year in pictures! She is sure growing up!

Carissa said...

She is beautiful and looks even more grown up than I was thinking before.

Angel said...

Wow! Loved the pictures. Such a great idea!

stollmyheart said...

So cute. I love the photo time line. What a year! She really is changing a lot.

A said...

Simply adorable!

I saw this link and the "Kimberly" dress made me think of Lucy ; )
http://redthreadstitches.blogspot.com/2007/12/product-selection.html

Andrea
http://sweetasberries.blogspot.com

saucygoat said...

Wow, look how Lucy has grown!! Time just seems to speed by with a little one, doesn't it?