CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 25, 2006

Feeling More Human Again

Well, I think that we have officially gotten ourselves turned around sleep wise. We crashed last night at about 7 p.m. We tried to stay awake as late as possible, but since our day started at 3 a.m., it was not easy. I woke up a few times during the night, but only for short periods of time. Justin woke up around 3 am, but was able to fall back asleep after an hour or so. We slept until about 6 am. That means I got at least 10 hours of very much needed sleep. I feel much better.

We ate at the breakfast buffet today at our hotel. It was actually pretty good. Food is going to really be an issue here, especially for Justin. I cried I was laughing so hard at him on the flight from Tokyo to Vietnam. You should have seen the meal they brought us. It was so gross. There were acutally purple spaghetti type noodles included - they were called pickled plum noodles. The sight of it was almost too much for Justin. We both ate a few bites of rice and some of our bread. Then we had to look at our trays for about 45 minutes until they finally came back around to pick it up. Justin was gagging. I have some hilarious pictures. I can't post pictures yet since I am not on our computer. We should have access from our room in Danang, so we will be back in business later this afternoon.

We did get to watch the Cowboys/Eagles game this morning. It was pretty great to be able to see it. Justin was so excited he could barely stand it. Too bad we lost, but it was great to see the game.

We cannot wait to get settled in Danang for 5 nights. We have been lugging around our enormous amount of crap for several days now, and can't wait to just get unpacked for a few days. By the way, here is what we ended up travelling with - 3 checked bags, 2 of them are as big as me. 1 rolling carry on, 1 diaper bag as a carryon, Justin's computer bag as a carry on and our camera bag. Yes, you heard right, we have been travelling with all of that stuff. It actually hasn't been too bad. We have gotten a luggage cart at all of the airports so it hasn't been a big deal.

What did everyone get for Christmas???? I hope you all had a merry day!!! Our hotel has a huge Christmas tree set up so it feels a little bit like home. Love and miss you all.

We should meet Lucy tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still won't be able to post pictures of her until after the G&R, but you all will get to see us together soon. Please pray for her as she goes through this enormous adjustment with us.

More from Danang...........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS Justin, Kelly and Lucy!!! I hope Justin doesn't starve to death before you get home. Pretty funny about the noodles. Can't wait to see the Lucy pictures - I can't believe we have to wait until after the G&R to see all three of you together - no fair! I hate the rules! I might bust having to wait that long. So happy and excited for you!

Liz

LaLa said...

Merry Christmas...I can't wait to see you holding that sweet beautiful girl!!! Post photos soon..especially the noodle ones Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I'm so glad you're safely there - it will be a good feeling when you're settled in Danang and can unpack some of your stuff. I Can't believe you meet Lucy TOMORROW - Wow! I can't wait till the next day when we can see pictures! Have a wonderful Lucy Day!!!

Susan said...

Yep, I can see where the food will be an interesting subject the next few weeks. Purple noodles, huh? LOL. Tomorrow is going to be such an amazing day -- I'm so excited for you two. I'm ready for photos!!!

Jenny said...

Good luck with Lucy day!