CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

I hope you all had a very lucky St. Patrick's Day. A friend I have known for a long time through adoption FINALLY got her I600 approval today. She has been waiting a very long time. Congrats Karin!! Today was definitely a lucky day for you and your precious girl.

We weren't very festive today, but we celebrated big on Saturday. My neighborhood does an enormous St. Patrick's Day celebration on the Saturday before the 17th. Every block has huge parties going on. Everyone is outside and celebrating. It is so much fun. Lucy and I attended 2 parties. Justin wants everyone to know that he didn't get to party because he was working. So, please feel sorry for him! The first had several of her play group buds at it. We were there for several hours. Lucy is still really shy when we are in an unfamiliar setting. However, if we are anywhere long enough, she opens up and has a great time. By the end, she was interacting with everyone and just having the time of her life. Then she played for a few more hours at our neighbor's house. She was the life of the party. She LOVES our neighbors, so she needed no time to open up over there. I decided to let her really enjoy the day, and she was allowed to eat a cookie and later a cupcake. Seriously, she was in heaven. I was a terrible mom and took no pictures. That is so unlike me. I have just not had my camera around the past couple of days, which is so unfortunate because she has looked extra adorable. Bad momma!

On Sunday, we had a friend's 1st birthday party. When it was time for the cake, Lucy shoved her way through the crowd, seated herself at the head of the table next to the cake, and waited semi-patiently for her turn for some cake. She sat there really quietly while Ava dug into her little cake. The big cake was sitting next to Lucy. Finally, she couldn't take it anymore and she started saying over and over again, "BITE!!" Luckily, she did not try and grab the big cake. She just wanted to let everyone know that Ava's time in the spot light was great and all, but she needed some cake too. We had the most amazing weather this weekend - 75 and sunny all weekend long. We were outside almost all day on Saturday and Sunday. It was awesome.

Remember how I have blogged several times about wanting to start to exercise again? Well, last Wednesday I actually followed through with this goal. I am not one of those people who enjoys exercising. In fact, I generally hate it. But when I get started, I am really dedicated - for a couple of months. About once every 2 years, I get motivated and will work out really hard for about 2-3 months. Then I will get sick and have to take a break, and I never start back - at least not for 2 years. I am hoping to change this time. Wednesday morning I got this urge to go walking. I never get this urge, so I figured I better go. So, while Justin and Lucy watched Sesame, I headed outside. It was actually exhilarating. The weather was perfect and I felt great. I was able to run for 30 minutes. I am usually a terrible runner and have to build up for a long time before I can run for any period of time. I guess I am just in better shape this time around because I can already run for as long as I want to. Most days I have run for 45 minutes and walked for 20. I am finally getting to a point where my legs don't feel like they are about to fall off. I have been so sore. I didn't give my body any time to warm up to exercise, I just dove right back in, and my legs have not really appreciated the huge shock. I started again with the hopes of sleeping better, and it has absolutely worked. I have been sleeping so much sounder the past couple of days. YEAH!

Since I have been so horrible about taking pictures the past few days, here is a video of Lucy being tickle tortured by her dad today. She is SO ticklish on her ribs, neck, and back. She has been so happy and full of life the past few days and it has been a blast. She is usually always a happy girl, but the past few days have been extra happy and giggly. I have found myself laughing all day long, which is always fun.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kell--good post! The video is so funny, but pure torture!! Glad that you had such a great weekend. I even forgot to wear green today! Have had a wonderful time here in Nashville. The boys are so much fun and growing like weeds. Hope the weather holds for traveling tomorrow. Love and kisses, LeeLee

Jess and Paul said...

She is sooooo cute! Phoebe likes it when I (gently) BITE her on her sides...otherwise not ticklish! And I hear you on HATING to exercise...we bought an elipticle three months ago...I've used it twice...so send that wonderful motivation of yours over HERE!!!

Anonymous said...

That video is so cute! Lucy is so amazing!

Shawna said...

Too cute for words. I absolutely HATE to be tickled, so I feel your torture Miss Lucy. Kelly, is Lucy going to be a little gymnist? How flexible she is!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend! I SO need to get back into exercise. I got sick before we went to DC for a month, then didn't bother with anything while we were there, so I'm at about two months of NOTHING. I think I would have a heart attack if I tried to run about now. :) I LOVE it when Mattix is all giggly so I can imagine that you have really enjoyed the past few laughing days! Adorable video!

Kate said...

LOVE the giggles...i want more!

Anonymous said...

Lucy's a girl after my own heart! I'd be pushing people along to get cake, too!

Very cute video :)

Meredith Woodruff said...

I love that video! Very impressive somersault:)!!! She is going to be a little gymnast!

NeuroMama said...

That video is just adorable! Such a cutie.

Susan said...

I swear, this could have been a video of Petunia. I tickle her, too, and she really seems to like it. She can also do a front roll -- I just have to remind her to tuck her head first.

I can't wait for Petunia to watch this video. She loves seeing them all.

Too funny about the birthday cake. At least you never have to wonder what Miss Lucy is thinking!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great St Paddy's day celebration! Congrats on the running as well--it will definitely help with your sleep :)

Nancy said...

Love, love the video - she's such a cutie!

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

Hi Kelly,
I came across your blog on a website that lists families that have adopted from Vietnam. I wanted to email you privately but don't know your email. We just finished our homestudy and are using VORF which I think you also used. Would you be willing to chat about your experiences with VORF and adoption? My email is Caitlinkreilly@yahoo.com I have so much to say and ask but I don't want to take up too much space. I love your blog and Lucy is beyond precious!!!!
Hope to hear from you.
Caitlin

Cinnamon said...

Don't ya just love to hear them laugh! We call it "tickle torture" too. John also moves his mouth under Jade's chin and she will just crack up too. I need to start working out too. I have been so bad over the last year. I hate it too but feel so much better after I do it.

Kelli said...

Such a sweet giggle!

Anonymous said...

I really don't like to exercise either, and therefore I just don't do it. Parenting has been really hard physically for someone not in shape! Good for you for getting out there!

Anonymous said...

We've watched this video...I don't know...20 times today and now Taylor is dying for her own dad to get home from work so she can put on her PJs like "Baby Woo-Cees" and he can "put tee-ckles" on her like "Woo-Cees Dap". She even has the specific footed PJs with stripes all picked out and ready to go for when he gets home. Oh, and she really wants to come to Lucy's house - I guess she's decided it looks like a fun place because she must have asked me once an hour all day when we can go.

Anonymous said...

That little laugh is so cute! I love the somersaults, too. :) Glad you had a fun St Patty's day. Sorry you had to work Justin. :(

dwayne and melanie said...

Kelly, you are blessed with an amazing little girl. She brings me hope for my Kaylee. She is so full of life. What a precious gem.

Rhiannon said...

Kelly, I've been kind of a lurker. But your Lucy is so cute. I was married to a Vietnamese man and have 2 children. When I lived in VN I worked with some orphanages in VN. I've since wanted to adopt from there. It kills me to see what's going on there now.

I pray that one day I'll still get to fulfill that promise.

Anyway, I wanted to know where do you get Lucy's clothes? They are super cute! Love the blog,

Vietmom2con