CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I want to first say Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there and an even bigger happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's to be out there. I remember thinking last year how special Mother's Day would be this year, and it is going to be. I also think about the pain that comes to those who are not yet moms but have been waiting for so long to become one. So, I hope everyone can find a way to celebrate or at least not be sad. Your baby is coming!! And thank you Justin, for my beautiful flowers and chocolates. I love you honey!

I, like many others, have been thinking a lot about Lucy's birth mother. I constantly am wondering if she ever thinks about Lucy and if she does, I pray every night that she has peace in her heart knowing that her baby girl is being well cared for and has an abundance of love in her life. I also find myself wondering how Lucy is going to feel about her birth mother some day in the future. I pray that Justin and I are able to answer her questions as best as we possibly can and that she feels free to feel all of the emotions that are going to come along with how her little life has unfolded. I know that someday it might not be easy for her as she establishes her identity. I hope that we can comfort her in a way that is appropriate and helpful for her.

Life has been great for us lately. We have made lots of fun new friends - little ones for Lucy and moms for me. It is so fun to meet new people and have them to relate to and ask questions, etc. Lucy and I love our playdates and friends. I have found that the days get a bit boring from time to time, but not when you have fun things to look forward to. Not that Lucy doesn't keep me constantly entertained, because she really does, but it is so nice to have an adult conversation during the day.

For over a month now, Lucy has been sleeping through the night. 8 pm to 8 am and it is spectacular!! I love it. Remember how I said she prefers to sing herself to sleep? Not any longer. I have to rock her to sleep and that is perfectly fine by me. She is going through a very clingy stage. If she is not asleep when I lay her down and she actually sees me leave her room, she starts crying. So, I just make sure and get her to sleep before she is laid down. I don't mind her being clingy to me, but it does make it interesting from time to time on how to get things done. I don't have to hold her all of the time, but if I get out of her sight or she thinks I am leaving, she gets upset. So, she goes everywhere with me all of the time. Again, she is only going to need me like this for a short while, so I have no problem being there for her all of the time.

And finally, here are some pictures from today. I have got to start taking her picture every day again. I have been bad about this lately.

Looking cute as pie, as usual. Trying to get me as I take her picture!

Posing nicely

Just chillin

Such a cute outfit for the day

11 comments:

Jenny said...

that might be my favorite dress of all time. I love it. And now I know the dress I have that is like that, that the slit goes in the back! I kept putting it in the front, whoops!

Happy Mother's day.

stollmyheart said...

Happy Mother's Day! I can't wait until next year :)

Ange said...

Happy Mother's Day, & thanks for thinking about the rest of us....

Anonymous said...

I look forward to spending Mother's day with my little one next year. Thanks for thinking of the rest of us!

Your daughter is beautiful, thank you for sharing your family's experience with us!

Happy Mother's Day!

Emily said...

happy mothers day kelly!
lucy is so lucky to have you as a mom! have a wonderful day!

Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I cannot believe how big she is getting Kelly! What a stunning little one she is!
Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY KELLY!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY:)!

Love,
Meredith

R&H said...

Happy Mothers day!

Jo said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! I know you enjoyed spending it wih your family.

Kimberly said...

Happy Mother's Day! What a precious gift she is.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Kel!